12 ways to improve your online and store business
Want to stay one step ahead of the herd? Here are 20 click-and-mortar strategies to help you generate more sales and drive more customers to both online and physical stores:
1. Customer Rewards or Loyalty Program - Offer reward points or stars based on the amount of money your customer spend.
2. Content - Create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. In additional, blogs that constantly uses terms related to its industry can improve the site's search engine rankings.
3. Visual Web—YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram—is produce visually appealing content to create something that people will want to share, extending your brand’s footprint.
4. Click and Collect - Offer Purchase and pick-up option can generate more sales and greater revenue
5. In-Store Digital Technology - It is increasingly common for retails to install in-store advertising screens and tablets, which make it possible to search the complete selection of products and to purchase on the spot.
6. Location-based marketing - Location intelligence is fast becoming an important component for most brands and businesses.
7. Direct Purchase - Leverage the Call-to-Action of "direct purchase" on your social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest to bring your followers to your sites.
8. User-generated content (UGC)- According to a study done by Nielsen, “92% of consumers trust online content from friends and family above all other forms of brand messaging. And they trust strangers second most — far more than they trust content from brands.”
9. Influencers - Businesses are increasingly working with influencers (aka blogger, vloggers and Instagrammers) to develop brand recognition and to positively influence business, products and services perceptions.
10. B2B Market - B2B e-commerce is a massive market that is worth pursuing for any type of businesses.
11. Globalization - The 2015 Global Retail E-Commerce Index summarizes the current online retail market indicators with those that predict the potential for future growth.
12. Product Information Management (PIM) and Order Management System(OMS) - The better the information your site provides (information, measurements/dimensions, spec sheets, etc.) and the better the media or visual support (multiple angle product pictures, video, products displayed in context, etc.), the better your conversion rates will be. Furthermore, more complete product descriptions lead to better search engine rankings. Order Management System (OMS) provides features such as optimize inventory, reduce shipping delays and shipping costs as well as improve order processing can greatly affect your bottom line.
The fact is, brick and mortar stores that already have a loyal customer base and have achieved sales success can be extremely beneficial to their eCommerce website.
"The reason it seems that price is all your customers care about is that you haven't given them anything else to care about." - Seth Godin