Multiplicity: All about Expanding your Product Line
Top 20 Social Media Marketing Tips
June 17, 2016
Undeniably, social media continue to spread like wildfire and swell by the ever-advancing technology. Its impact permeates every facet of human experience and invades nearly every moment of people's life. If you are not part of this global circle, then you are inevitably losing out on all the inherent benefits and rewards.
Here are 20 tips on leveraging the power of social media to increase your brand recognition, enhance user community engagement, strengthen connections and relationships, and grow your business.
1. It's never too early to embark on the social media journey.
2. It's never too late to start either.
3. Begin with the end in mind -- What do you want to accomplish? What are your objectives?
4. Know your audience -- The starting point for all communication is becoming aware of the intended audience and approaching them on an appropriate level.
5. Do your research to learn from the best brands and your competitors.
6. Create a social media marketing plan first -- Knowing how to launch, run and optimize your campaign from the outset will help guide the success of its outcome.
7. Don't be intimidated by the obscure nuances of social landscape.
8. You can be self-promotional and still provide value -- Create a balance by fine-tuning a reasonable content ratio with relevant promotional messages.
9. Set up performance metrics to monitor and measure the effectiveness of your social campaigns -- Measure your social activities so that you can learn what’s successful, what isn’t, and how you can improve.
10. Integrate visual content into your content strategy, i.e., More visual equals to more visibility (Images are the no. 1 major factor in optimal social media content).
11. Apply cross-pollination technique to gain maximum exposure on different social networking channels.
12. Try break away from your routine by switching up content formats.
13. Build a positive and dependable consistency with your content delivery.
14. Automating your marketing programs intelligently by implementing social listening and automation tools.
15. Create a social update library and a content calendar.
16. Offer access to real-time, offline events through apps like Periscope and Meerkat.
17. Get people involved, e.g. Don't be afraid to ask the public to follow or recommend your social media page, blog, newsletter or YouTube channel.
18. Engage with social media influencers and bloggers.
19. When in doubt, consult an expert!
20. Last but not least, the "one-size-fits-all" approach does NOT apply to social media marketing.
“You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.” – Pam Moore